Wednesday, September 10, 2008

From Bangkok, With Love

I miss Bangkok so much! The last time I visited the city, was in late May; earlier this year, and I had such a good time. I miss coming out from Suvarnabhumi Airport and looking at all the buildings - the ones half-complete, dilapidated, in contrast to the sprawling sky-scrapers in view. I miss the street-food, friendly shop-vendors at Chatuchak and Suan-Lum Night Bazaar, the bourgeois Siam-Discovery Mall and Central and of course the high ceilings of Siam-Paragon. I loved the basement, where the Vietnamese soft rolls and fried rolls are sold for 85 baht. And of course, paying homage to the temple, Zara, on the 3rd or 4th floor. I miss the clubbing, Patpong, Siam Square - Dunkin’ Doughnuts and the orange juice from the street vendors! I miss getting great deals and cool gifts for my friends and family….. *groan*

Darn, I miss Bangkok so much. Krungtheb sanuk-dee!

1 comment:

Chen Chen said...

I agree with you totally..Bangkok is just such a wonderful place..getting the stuff u can never get u can NEVER get in sg..and of coz..not forgetting the friendliness of the Thais..they are just awesome..